Saturday, December 19, 2009

I have a kitty, but I don't have kitty shampoo, from the list below what should/can I use?

I have dog shampoo


Regular shampoo


Baby shampooI have a kitty, but I don't have kitty shampoo, from the list below what should/can I use?
If the dish detergent is DAWN, you may use it. But you are not advised to use it for long term. Kitty needs kitty shampoo.





Also, kitty doesn't need a bath if she is not dirty. Kitty knows how to clean and groom herself so she keeps herself pretty clean. Unless she got really dirty, then leave her as she is. :)I have a kitty, but I don't have kitty shampoo, from the list below what should/can I use?
Why are you giving the cat a bath? Cats generally don't need baths - they clean themselves. If fleas are the issue then know that bathing them MAY kill a few fleas but not all that are on the cat and once you put it back down on the floor more will hop on.





You shouldn't use ANY of the above on a cat - go buy some shampoo specifically made for them - IF this cat truly needs a bath.
Cats do not need to be shampood. They are excellent groomers. The only exception is if they've gotten into oil or chemicals and such. In that case they should be handled by trained professionals.
Your kitty knows how to clean itself. A bath is very traumatic for a cat, don't do it. If the problem is fleas, I recommend Advantage.
Baby shampoo will work. You can use a tiny bit of your regular condition afterwards as long as it's not medicated or for anything special. I use VO5 on my cats.
I would use baby shampoo and dilute it at least 50%. Good Luck bathing the kitten, you might want to use those rubber gloves.
You can use dish detergent or baby shampoo. Please do not use dog shampoo, you can make your kitty very sick! (But why can't you buy shampoo?)
Be sure to rinse well, whatever you choose! Kitties lick themselves like crazy when they're wet. You don't want them to ingest any kind of soap.
The vets here said to use ivory dish soap. I think they said it's even gentler than baby shampoo.
I use baby shampoo on my cat %26amp; I rinse him several times, he's nice %26amp; shiney %26amp; handsome.
why do people think that they need to bathe their cats?....unless they are covered with crap or got sprayed by a skunk or something..just leave the cat alone!
i think u should use dog shampoo. but u cant just put ur cat in a tub and spray away, there is a special way
I would use the baby shampoo to wash the cat.
I worked at a vet hosp for many years, we often used dishsoap on animals. It kills fleas like a champ.
you should use baby shampoo on your cats.
cats hate water. do not bathe your cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment